Have you missed the weekly Take Control Tuesday videos? Wonder where I’ve been?
Well, I’ve been working hard as the Lead Nutritionist for the Inflammation Management Intervention (IMAGINE) Study and the Director of Columbia’s Cooking for the Cancer Prevention and Control Program (CPCP) at the University of South Carolina. Yes, it’s a lot of work (and a mouthful) but the pay-off has been great.
Many of the participants in the IMAGINE Study are achieving great health results both big and small. It’s incredibly rewarding to have a kitchen classroom to teach people how to adopt a whole foods, plant-based diet and cook with them every week. Actually, it’s also a lot of fun too!
Today, I’d like to share with you useful resources from Columbia’s Cooking that I’ve had the pleasure of taking part in in the last 8 months:
- Trisha on WLTX news: ‘How to Make 30 Second Honey-Mustard Dressing’
- Trisha in USC Times: ‘Eat This Now’ article. Learn how I’m “establishing myself through pigging-out.”
- Trisha in The State newspaper: 'Comfort on a Plate' article. Learn why cheese is addicting.
If you live in Columbia, SC I have even more in-person resources for you that you don't want to miss.
- Interested in participating in a 1 year intervention study (with myself as your host)? There are still spots left in the IMAGINE Study. OR
- Come participate in “How to Prepare Plant-Based Desserts” on Wednesday, December 16th at in Columbia’s Cooking’s kitchen classroom.
I’ve been delightfully surprised by the amount of plant-based nutrition interest in Columbia. From news anchors to physicians and vegan restaurants, Columbia has a pleasant amount of plant-focused nutrition interest and I love it!
My sincere apologies for being ‘MIA’ the last 7 months. I'm now in a place where I can again, send you weekly tips, quality information and updates on how you can take control of diet, your weight and your health.
Now I'd love to hear from you. Please answer today's Take Control Now question...
Take Control Now
What nutrition or cooking topics would you like covered in the upcoming year? What do you need help with?
Answer by clicking 'comment' below.
I look forward to "seeing" you in your inbox on Tuesday.
Love and Leafy Greens,