Sweet Treat Chocolate Pudding By: Trisha Mandes, MPHN Prep and cook time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 lb silken tofu
- 1 c 48% cocoa chocolate chips
- 1/4 c brown rice syrup
1. Blend tofu in a blender until smooth.
2. Prepare a double boiler to melt the chocolate chips. To do this, place a metal mixing bowl over top of a sauce pot that holds enough water without hitting the top of the mixing bowl. Bring water to a simmer.
3. Add the blended tofu, chocolate chips and brown rice syrup to the double boiler (place in warm metal mixing bowl that's on-top of the simmering sauce pot). Constantly stir the mixture with a high heat spatula. Be sure to constantly scrape the bottom to ensure all of the chocolate is removed and all ingredients blend evenly. Stir until evenly melted and blended. About 8 minutes.
4. Remove bowl from sauce pot. Let sit for a few minutes to slightly cool. Place covered in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5. Enjoy as is, sprinkled with black finishing salt or as a dip for fresh fruit, or as an addition to banana ice-cream.